Friday, August 20, 2010

This calls for a celebration!

 At Ranger Creek Brewing and Distilling, the brewstillery I brew at in San Antonio, we recently received our TABC and TTB permits, allowing us to make and sell spirits and "ale" in the great state of Texas. To put it mildly, we are fucking excited as shit. I've been hoping and anticipating this day for so long, my wife and I have been sitting on some gems for a while now.
    So to celebrate we are gathering here at the facility on Saturday to drink some beers we've been aging that marry the spirits and beer sides of our business. I don't often have the luxury of possessing beer good enough to brag about, so I'm admittedly a bit tickled about this awesome list:

1999 J.W. Lees Harvest Ale (Lagavulin Cask)
2006 Avery Samaels oaked strong ale
2007 Flying Dog Wild Dog Imperial Porter (Stranahans whiskey barrel aged)
2008 BrewDog Paradox Scotch cask
Lost Abbey Angel's Share bourbon barrel aged American strong ale
Jolly Pumpkin Oro de Calabaza strong golden aged in oak barrels
Great Divide 16th Anniversary Oak Aged IPA
BrewDog Tactical Nuclear Penguin Batch 002

That list is making me drool. What vintage goodies have you got? We're still sitting on a 2008, 2009, 2010 DFH Red and White, a 2004&2007 Fuller's Vintage Ale, and some other goodies. We're also amassing one vintage of J.W Lees Harvest Ale from 2008 on to 2026- 18 years of beer- to crack open for our son's 18th birthday. (I hope they keep making it that long.)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment