Monday, September 13, 2010

Your First Pint (4 of 10)

     Ladies and gentlemens, my latest Your First Pint featuring Aaron Chamberlain, the mastermind behind Craft Austin, My Last Pint, and the inspiration for this very blog. Aaron is a totally way rad dude, a huge supporter of craft beer and local breweries and beer bars.


Banner used without permission- sorry dude.
    "The first beer that really got me digging craft beer was Brooklyn Lager. But it was not just one Brooklyn Lager, it was many over a few months of drinking them around NYC. I was 23 and had just moved to Brooklyn with my new wife, Sofia. It took a while, but eventually it sunk in that I was dealing with something wholly different than the usual beer fare. Most of the pints along that path were with Sofia. A cast of other characters, friends and acquaintances were also there at some points. Brooklyn Lager  was (is) ubiquitous in NY, but most of those pints were had at The Gate, a pub a few blocks from our apartment in Park Slope, Brooklyn. I miss that place so much, but the Draught House has made a great replacement. Before that, I had other nonfizzyyellowwater beer. I had always liked Guinness. I drank my fair share of other craft beers, like Rogue, in college. But before Brooklyn Lager I never really stopped and enjoyed the beer. It was the first beer to grab me and make me pay attention."


You can also follow Aaron on Twitter via: CraftAustin, MyLastPint, and ElMachuca

No comments:

Post a Comment